For Registered Clients
EMERGENCIES WILL ALWAYS BE SEEN AS A PRIORITY. PLEASE ALWAYS TELEPHONE THE SURGERY IN ADVANCE SO WE CAN MAKE THE NECESSARY ARRANGEMENTS OR PREPARATIONS.
TELEPHONE 01788 812650 FOR ALL EMERGENCIES
For Out-of-Hours Calls, please listen to the answer machine message carefully and have a pen ready to write down the mobile number of the duty vet.
It can be a very worrying and distressing time, if your pet is taken ill - especially if this is when the surgery is normally closed. We are very aware of this and therefore this practice offers a full emergency service for all of our registered clients, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
By having an on-site emergency service, clients benefit from:
• Their animal being seen by a regular full time veterinary surgeon who is familiar with the area and practice
• The duty vet will be familiar with any relevant history from the daytime if the animal has been hospitalised during the day
• The vet will have full access to any past medical/surgical history from computer records
• Not having to travel large distances to a different practice in a different area
• Not having to move ill or injured patients to be looked after in a different practice overnight
• Access to the same high quality equipment and facilities that you would expect during normal opening hours.
All emergencies whether in normal opening hours, or out-of-hours, are seen at our normal practice at 259 Bilton Road.
House visits are not normally possible due to limitations of facilities available outside of the surgery.
Our out-of-hours times begin at 19.00 in the evening and end at 08.00 in the morning during the week.
At weekends it begins at 16.00 on Saturday and runs through until 08.00 on Monday (or until 08.00 on Tuesday in the event of a Bank-Holiday).
Pet owners who are not registered clients of the practice will be directed to contact the veterinary practice with which they are currently registered.
Please note that you may be required to go to a third-party emergency provider that could require travelling to a nearby city such as Coventry/Northampton.
Every Veterinary Practice in the UK has to make provision for emergency cover when they are closed and you need to make sure you are aware what provision is set out for each practice.
Animals requiring hospitalisation will be attended to full-time until they are considered to be stable, and then they are monitored at the necessary intervals by staff returning to the surgery to assess progress.
We do not have staff permanently on site. In severe cases we have the ability for the vet to stay full time if this is deemed necessary.
We usually try to discourage house visits in emergency on the basis of
We will of course consider visits in certain circumstances so we are happy to discuss this with you.
You will be seeing whichever vet is on duty for that night/day. Our vets are part of an "duty" rota and so you will only see one of our regular members of staff.
This has the benefit that we have full access to your pet's records and you will probably be seeing someone familiar to you already!
* Please note that the vets "on-call" duty is in ADDITION to their normal days work. Therefore it is likely that they will be asleep during the night! So please make sure you ensure that your call is a genuine concern that can't wait until normal hours
Emergencies seen during normal opening hours do not carry any additional feels. Out-of-hours emergencies do cost more as we need to cover the extra costs associated with administering this service. These prices do no include the costs of treatment or hospitalisation.
*Please note that if you are registered with the Bilton Veterinary Centre and have been seen in the preceding 12months, then you will receive a discount on the out-of-hours fee.
NORMAL OPENING HOURS
Monday to Friday
08.00 AM to 19.00 PM
08.00 AM to 12.00 PM
click here for our consulting times
GET IN TOUCH