The Bilton Veterinary Centre was founded nearly 75 years ago and has always been at its present location. It was originally a traditional "mixed" practice, serving the local farming community as well as large proportion of the horses as well. Over recent years, with the dwindling nature of local farming we decided to stop doing Farm and Equine work and concentrate our resources in providing a "Small-Animal" service.
The practice used to be known as Furber & Lloyd Griffiths until 2001 when it become known in its current title of "The Bilton Veterinary Centre". The current directors are Claire Gardner and Rose Bolan and presently there are 6 veterinary surgeons employed.
Our team of veterinary surgeons and nurses are highly experienced in all areas of small animal veterinary practice and we aim to provide:
- An approachable, friendly and professional veterinary service to all our clients and their pets.
- The reassurance that as an independent veterinary practice we do not have shareholders/head office to report to. We are not part of a corporate chain/franchise, nor are we tied into any drug or food companies like some other practices. All our clinical decisions are based on “best-practice”.
- An honest pricing system - we will always discuss costs and provide estimates if possible.
- Some other veterinary practices offer eye catching low costs on a variety of common items – but beware, you only get what you pay for and often, once they have your trust, they will charge high when they can. On the other hand, we feel that we charge a fair and representative price for everything that we do.
- We will always discuss ALL the treatment options with you and explain the pro’s and con’s if appropriate.
- Our vets never have and never will work to commission.
- Our vets are all experienced - we don’t employ locums, temporary staff or newly qualified vets.
- Our staff are here to stay - we aim to keep case and client continuity where-ever possible.
- A 24hr care system. If your pet is ill after the surgery is closed you will be seen by one of our regular team in our surgery. We do not expect you to travel to another practice or see unfamiliar vets.
- A 24hr hospitalisation system. If your pet is poorly or recovering from surgery, then he/she will stay at our centre and won't need to be moved backwards and forwards between an out-of-hours practice. We are able to care for them during the night if necessary.
- We are RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) accredited to Tier 2, reassuring you of the highest standards of care.
We are very proud of the service that we offer and hope that you will be too! We are always happy to show our clients around the surgery and all the vets and nurses are happy to discuss any aspect of your pet’s health on the telephone if required.